Saturday, 6 April 2013

Store-cupboard dinners challenge : Day 1

Things always seem tight here money wise but I have car insurance and MOT due this month so I'm treading an even thinner tight-wire than usual.  I actually prefer having less money, in that it is easier to manage less, I become more resourceful with what I have and feel heaps more empowered as a result.  I often look through my store cupboards thinking what a lot of dried grains and pulses, tins and things I have but then end up talking myself into buying this that or the other in order to complete a recipe.  Well this week I am setting myself the challenge of making each meal from store-cupboard food stuff only.  I don't know how far what we have got can realistically go but I am curious and committed to finding out.  

Day 1

Sundried tomato bread cheese on toast

yeast
honey
sundried toms
salt
oil
flour
Cheese

Apple turn overs

ready rolled puff pastry
2 apples
cinnamon
sugar
flour
flaked almonds
custard to serve


 


Yum!

So day one, not too tricky.  Lets see what tomorrow brings.


love love love X


  

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. they were pretty yummy! I can't believe how easy apple turn overs are to make ... why am I only realising this now?! X

      Delete
  2. YUMMY! Our budget is extra tight this month too, due to some unforeseen circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its amazing how much variety you can create from so little with some basic alchemy if you really have to! Tonight I think it's either jacket potatos or omlette and hand made chips .... good luck with your low budget month, we in the same boat :) X

      Delete