Sunday, 7 April 2013

Road Trip

This last week I took a break.  I went away by myself for three days.  It was my first lone break since becoming a mama six years ago, it was necessary and the beginning of an annual tradition I dare to think.  It was my first ever long distance road trip, my first time on the motorways.  An achievement in more ways than one. But a stream of consciousness and metaphorical words is not how I hold the trip in my memory, less is more.  Suffice it to say many feelings found me, some more unexpected and challenging than others, some relieving and long yearned for.  Each I continue to reflect on.  It was just a part of this life long process, one I reaffirmed my commitment to and strengthened in recognising it's infinite nature once more.



In not much of a particular order ....



excitement

nerves

achievement

peace




quiet 

air




space

still

breathe

real

uncomfortable

strength

courage

as is

love

familiarity






affirmation

intention

perception

karma

solitude

me




at last




journey

patience




independence

commitment

connection





recognition

empowerment.



counting my blessings, carrying them forward, love love love X


9 comments:

  1. oh wow Rose. Sounds amazing! I want to know more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe I'll write more after a little reflection, though since I got back there's been little time and a permanent din around! It really was so very spacious, no requests or complaints or bickering. every mother should do it, it should be par for the course for us to go away once a year after our kids reach a certain age. It was one of my friends who made me dig my heals in and declare I was doing it rather than ask and tip toe round the subject. always with love X X X X

      Delete
    2. sounds blissful. Looks like the sun came out too. I think i would love to do this... even with friends it would just be bliss. I had a few hours to myself this weekend and this too was heaven sent. Been feeling low with anxiety etc and just that little bit of me time really helped.
      Keep going, dont forget who you are.
      caroline
      x

      Delete
  2. looks perfect :) you know....i NEED to take your advice, and take a night or two away to myself... almost 10 years since i've had that :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Polly love you must do it, after ten years you got time owed and you sure as hell deserve it, believe. Much though we feel our place as mamas is in the nest with the brood running the ship we are individuals too. I think a breathing space of just a few days tools us up to go back with fresh ideas about ourselves, our direction, our multitude of roles and with a new or different zest for life. Hear me getting all evangelical on my ass!....but seriously I am! And seriously it should be an annual thing for us! big love X

      Delete
  3. Sounds amazing Rose. I think it's so important to have these sacred times alone, away from every day life. It is so empowering and refreshing, definitely good for the soul. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If could condense my needs down to two words ~ refreshment and empowerment would be they. love love love X

      Delete
  4. This looks like a wonderful journey. We all need our alone time to reflect, and it just makes us appreciate the ones we love even more.

    ReplyDelete